Whether intended for apparel or home products, the fundamentals of woven fabric construction remain constant. This workshop focuses on the science of weaving with a thorough examination of the structure of basic products and the parameters impacting their performance. In this class, there will be an emphasis on basic, dobby, and Jacquard constructions. CAD/CAM design systems will be covered. The workshop will be lecture based with ample opportunity for examination of woven fabrics. Tours of the Cotton Incorporated Product Development laboratory will aid in reinforcing the concepts covered in class.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- Basics of weaving.
- Product development and design for cam, dobby, and Jacquard structures including plain weave and its derivatives, twills, satins, terry, and pile fabrics.
- Laboratory demonstrations.
- Acquire technical knowledge of the woven design and development process.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Hands-on experience in Cotton Incorporated’s state-of-the-art laboratory.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate level course. Knowledge of weaving science is required.