August 1 - 2, 2023
New York, NY
The workshop covers the basics of textile processing—fiber, yarn, knitting, weaving, preparation, dyeing, and finishing. The workshop highlights the relationship between each step and its effect on the characteristics of the final product.
Workshop registration begins in:
Registration opens on June 20, 2023 2:00 pm EST
Workshops are only available to eligible users. Log in or create an account to check your eligibility.Log In Create Account
- 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET
- Fiber science—characteristics and properties
- Yarn formation—spinning and yarn numbering
- Knitting—knitting cycle and basic constructions
- Weaving—weaving cycle, terminology, and basic design
- Preparation—objectives and processes
- Dyeing—performance characteristics, dyestuffs, machinery
- Finishing—chemical and physical
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic woven and knit fabric engineering.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic wet processing operations.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
- This is a beginner-level workshop. No prerequisites are required.