This interactive workshop covers sweater manufacturing from yarn through design, fabrication, and garment assembly. Emphasis will be placed on machine technology for piece goods, sweater panels, and integrally knitted garment manufacturing. Garment design, cut and sew, linking, and cup seaming are highlighted as well. Attendees will learn the stitches and techniques used on sweater machines to shape panels and garments. The workshop will also cover techniques used to provide dimensional stability and improve performance. Garment wet processing is reviewed, including, steaming, blocking, dyeing, and finishing.
- Basics of knitting.
- Stitch and fabric formation.
- Basic sweater stitches.
- Types of sweater knitting systems.
- Garment engineering and assembly.
- Sewing, cup seaming, and linking.
- Sweater wet processing.
- Activewear in sweaters.
- Acquire technical knowledge of cotton sweater manufacturing.
- Learn about the machinery and design techniques for sweater products.
- Understand capabilities of today’s garment knitting and finishing equipment.
- Hands-on experience in Cotton Incorporated’s state-of-the-art laboratory including sweater hand knitting, cup seaming and linking activities.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate-level workshop. Knowledge of general knitting practices is highly recommended.