This workshop covers the basics of sweater manufacturing with discussions on activewear design in sweaters. Emphasis will be placed on flat-bed machine technology for sweater panels and full garment manufacturing. Examples of finer gauges will be covered as well as the conventional coarse gauges. Attendees will learn the more common sweater stitches as well as garment assembly and finishing procedures.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- Tuesday, April 21, 1:00-4:00 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, April 22, 1:00-4:15 p.m. ET
- Basics of sweater knitting technology.
- Basic sweater stitches.
- Assembly of fashioned panels and whole garment knitting.
- Garment engineering.
- Acquire basic knowledge of cotton sweater manufacturing.
- Learn about machinery and design techniques for sweater products.
- Understand capabilities of sweater knitting and finishing equipment for performance applications.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a basic-level workshop. A basic knowledge of knit fabric construction is required.