This interactive workshop covers sweater manufacturing from yarn through design, fabrication, and garment assembly. Emphasis will be placed on machine technology for piece goods, sweater panels, and integrally knitted garment manufacturing. Garment design, cut and sew, linking, and cup seaming are highlighted as well. All stitches and techniques on the sweater machine used to shape the panels and garments will be explored. Techniques used to provide dimensional stability and improve performance will be explained. Garment wet processing is reviewed, including, steaming, blocking, dyeing, and finishing.
- Basics of knitting.
- Stitch and fabric formation.
- Basic sweater stitches.
- Types of sweater knitting systems.
- Garment engineering and assembly.
- Sewing, cup seaming, and linking.
- Sweater wet processing.
- Acquire technical knowledge of cotton sweater manufacturing.
- Learn about the machinery and design techniques for sweater products.
- Understand capabilities of today’s garment knitting and finishing equipment.
- Hands-on experience in Cotton Incorporated’s state-of-the-art laboratory including sweater hand knitting, cup seaming and linking activities.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate level workshop. Knowledge of general knitting practices is highly recommended.