The sweater design for fashion and performance workshop covers the basics of sweater manufacturing with discussions on activewear design. Emphasis will be placed on flat-bed machine technology for sweater panels and full garment manufacturing. Examples of finer gauges will be covered as well as the conventional coarse gauges. The more common sweater stitches will be covered as well as garment assembly and finishing procedures.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- Basics of sweater knitting technology.
- Basic sweater stitches.
- Assembly of fashioned panels and whole garment knitting.
- Garment engineering.
- Acquire basic knowledge of cotton sweater manufacturing.
- Learn about the latest machinery and design techniques for sweater products.
- Understand capabilities of sweater knitting and finishing equipment for performance applications.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate level workshop. A basic knowledge of knit fabric construction is required.