This workshop covers the key components for textile print development as well as the major textile printing techniques. The workshop covers the basics in formulation, means of application, and special printing techniques. Attendees will gain insight into flat screen printing, rotary screen printing, digital printing, and specialty print application. Techniques in rotary, digital, t-shirt printing, printing chemistries and colorants are highlighted.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- Acquire technical knowledge of printing techniques.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
- Learn the key factors that impact the quality of printed products.
- Chemistry used in print preparation.
- Popular colorants used in printing.
- Neon colorants.
- Mechanical aspects of conventional printing.
- Techniques used in printing machinery and the printing processes.
- Digital printing with a review of digital printing equipment.
- T-shirt printing and a short review of garment printing including D2G.
- Key properties of printing techniques such as Cool-Trans printing.
- Discussions on the environmental impacts of textile printing.
This is an intermediate-level workshop. Knowledge of basic dyeing and printing techniques is recommended.