This workshop covers the key components for textile print development as well as improved developments in the major textile printing techniques. Coursework covers the basics in formulation, means of application, and special printing techniques. In-depth discussions will offer insight into flat screen printing, rotary screen printing, and specialty print application. Upgrades in rotary, t-shirt printing, printing chemistries, and colorants are highlighted.
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Acquire technical knowledge of printing techniques.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- The key factors which impact the ultimate quality of the printed products.
- Chemistry used in print preparation.
- Popular colorants used in printing.
- Neon colorants.
- Mechanical aspects of conventional printing.
- New developments in the printing machinery and the printing processes.
- Updates in t-shirt printing and a short review of modern garment printing including D2G.
- Key properties of newer printing techniques such as Cool-Trans printing.
- Discussions on the environmental footprint of textile printing.
This is an intermediate-level workshop. No prerequisites are required.