This workshop will cover how to manipulate textile-product construction parameters to improve profits while meeting the specifications set by brands and retailers to ensure product quality. During the workshop, product case studies will be presented to help attendees understand the impacts of construction parameters on cost and quality. Instructors with mill and product-development experience will lead small interactive groups in using demonstration programs developed by the instructors. Participants will enter their own information into the programs to fine-tune construction parameters to meet assigned targets. Attendees should come prepared to participate an active discussion.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- Product specifications that relate to weight, yield, width, shrinkage, and other physical parameters.
- Fine-tuning of construction parameters to optimize cost while meeting product specifications.
- Acquire technical knowledge of product construction and specifications.
- Understand the cost and performance impacts of construction parameters.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Gain experience through hands-on interactive exercises using prediction programs.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate-level workshop. Knowledge of textile fundamentals is strongly recommended.