This workshop will cover innovations and improvements in laser technology used to achieve novel designs and performance effects on fabrics and garments. The course will also cover the basics of laser technology as related to discharging color, removing fiber from the fabric surface, sculpturing fabric, and the hole formation. New dyeing and finishing techniques and the way they relate to laser technology will also be covered.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
- Factors incorporated in laser applications.
- Updates in lasing on all fabric types and garments.
- Key properties and requirements associated in processing lased goods.
- Uses of lasers in distressed denim and other washed down looks.
- Hole formation for fashion and performance applications.
- New uses of laser technology in dyeing.
- Critical issues in raw materials for laser treatments.
- Acquire technical knowledge of modern laser technologies.
- Learn about unique laser processing on all fabric types and garments.
- Understand novel fabric and garment finishing techniques created with laser.
- Receive first class instruction from industry professionals.
This is an intermediate-level workshop. A basic knowledge fabric construction and of different wet processing and finishing techniques is highly recommended.