***For this event, we require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. The number of participants is limited to allow for adequate social distancing. We will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask-wearing.
Learn the basics of knit and woven fabric construction. This workshop highlights the manipulation of yarns into the two classes of fabric and the design aspect of each as related to fabric performance and the characteristics of the final product.
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Fiber science: characteristics and properties
- Yarn formation: spinning and yarn numbering
- Knitting: knitting cycle and basic constructions and design
- Weaving: weaving cycle, terminology, and basic design
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic knit fabric engineering.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a beginner-level workshop.