***For this event, we kindly require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. In addition to requiring vaccinations, we are limiting the number of participants to allow for adequate social distancing and will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask wearing.
This workshop covers the basics of knit and woven fabric construction. The workshop highlights the manipulation of yarns into the two classes of fabric and the design aspect of each as related to fabric performance and the characteristics of the final product.
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Fiber science – characteristics and properties.
- Yarn formation – spinning and yarn numbering.
- Knitting – knitting cycle and basic constructions and design.
- Weaving – weaving cycle, terminology, and basic design.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic knit fabric engineering.
- Receive first class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a beginner level workshop.