This workshop covers the basics of knit fabric construction. It highlights the manipulation of yarns into the class of fabric and the design aspect as related to fabric performance and the characteristics of the final product.
- 1:00-3:30 p.m. ET
- Fiber science – characteristics and properties.
- Yarn formation – spinning and yarn numbering.
- Knitting – knitting cycle and basic constructions and design.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic knit fabric engineering.
- Receive first class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a beginner-level workshop.