This workshop covers the basics of knit and woven fabric construction. The workshop highlights the manipulation of yarns into the two classes of fabric and the design aspect of each as related to fabric performance and the characteristics of the final product.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- 12:00-4:00 p.m. ET
- Fiber science – characteristics and properties.
- Yarn formation – spinning and yarn numbering.
- Knitting – knitting cycle and basic constructions and design.
- Weaving – weaving cycle, terminology, and basic design.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic knit fabric engineering.
- Receive first class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a beginner-level workshop.