***For this event, we require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. The number of participants is limited to allow for adequate social distancing. We will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask-wearing.
This workshop covers the basics of forms of knitting which are applicable to the Activewear Market. From seamless circular construction through flatbed knitting for everything from garments to shoe uppers, learn about the benefits of knits for Activewear. We will discuss common stitches, shaping, and finishes which can be used. We will also discuss how digital prototyping can be used to assess garment performance for knits.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
8:30 am – 4:30 pm PST
- Seamless knitting
- Flatbed knitting
- Yarn and garment finishing for activewear
- Digital Prototyping for Knits
- Acquire basic knowledge of knitting of cotton garments
- Understand the benefits of knits for the Activewear Market
- Learn about innovations in performance finishing and digital prototyping for knitwear
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a basic-level workshop. Basic knowledge of knit fabric construction is required.