This workshop will cover the building block elements of intimate apparel garments, fabrics, and trims.
A review of fabric manufacturing in circular knits, warp knits, and basic trims will be covered and how they can be applied to both men’s and women’s intimate apparel garments.
An emphasis will be placed on why certain fabrications and trims are used to make the best design and fabric development decisions.
Attendees will learn about circular knits, body size, seamless, warp knits, lace, elastic trims, and foam cups.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. ET
- Learn key factors that impact the quality of intimate apparel products.
- Utilization of cotton in intimate apparel.
- Gain knowledge of the capabilities and limitations in each of the key fabrications and trims.
- Review of the product development process.
- Learn the importance of fabric and trim compatibility and how it impacts design.
- New developments in the intimate apparel industry.
- Acquire technical knowledge of intimate apparel fabrications, trims, and their direct relationship to both men’s and women’s garments.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
This is an intermediate-level workshop. Knowledge of basic knit structures and knitting machine technology are recommended.