This workshop gives an overview of the key principles and techniques used in garment wet processing including chemical and physical techniques. Instruction covers basic and new technologies in garment wet processing.
The lectures will describe the preparation of fabric for garment wet processing, garment preparation, dyeing, afterwashing, and finishing. Focus on the equipment currently used as well as new technologies will give the attendees a basic understanding of garment processing capabilities. New garment processing technology includes concepts such as ultra-low liquor ratio dyeing, new dyeing techniques for garments, and special garment finishing machines. Presentations will include instruction using qualified fabric and garment experts along with the use of animation and video to provide for a full understanding of garment wet processing.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- 1:00-4:00 p.m. ET
- Garment assembly requirements for garment dyeing (fabrics, thread, buttons, zippers, etc.)
- Garment dyeing.
- Enzyme treatments.
- Softeners and performance finishes for garments.
- New machinery technologies (laser, jet rotary machines, etc.).
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic garment wet processing and technologies to make better end product decisions.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
Knowledge of fabric and garment formation and dyeing processes is a plus. This is a beginner’s level course.