This workshop covers the basic components of functional finishing in fabrics and garments to achieve certain performance outcomes using chemical technology. Instruction covers various chemistries and techniques used to provide performance that reaches beyond fabric color and appearance. Finishing techniques and the equipment used will be discussed. A detailed review of functional finishes such as wrinkle-resistance, moisture management, water repellency, and durable cotton will be shared. Examples will be given to review how to problem solve to determine cause and effects regarding issues attendees may encounter on the job. Presentations will include instruction from qualified fabric experts along with the use of animations, illustrations, and video to provide for an understanding of state-of-the art functional finishing of cotton fabrics and garments.
- 1:00-3:30 p.m. E.T.
- Durable press finishing- PUREPRESS™ for cotton
- Water repellency – STORM COTTON™
- Moisture management processes – WICKING WINDOWS™ and TransDRY®
- Durable cotton – TOUGH COTTONTM
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic chemistries and their application to provide for better end-product decisions
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals
- Learn trouble shooting techniques to solve problems
Knowledge of fabric formation and dyeing processes is a plus. This is an intermediate level course.