This workshop covers the basic components for performance or functional finishing of fabrics and garments using chemical technology. Instruction covers the various chemistries and techniques used provide performance that reaches beyond fabric color and appearance. The lectures will describe these finishing techniques as well as the equipment used. Detailed discussions will be held on functional finishes such as: wrinkle-free, moisture management, water repellency, soil and stain resistance and retardancy, anti-odor, and more. Presentations will include instruction using qualified fabric experts along with the use of animation and video to provide for a full understanding of fabric production.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- Softeners and hand builders.
- Durable press finishing.
- Water repellency.
- Soil and stain release.
- Moisture management processes.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic chemistries and their application to provide for better end product decisions.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
Knowledge of fabric formation and dyeing processes is a plus. This course is an intermediate level.