***For this event, we require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. The number of participants is limited to allow for adequate social distancing. We will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask-wearing.
This beginner-level workshop will introduce you to important fiber and yarn quality parameters. Learn how fibers and yarns are selected for given products based upon a retailer’s predetermined quality and performance standards. The workshop will cover the many different types of yarns, how each type impacts knit and woven fabric properties, and how yarn parameters vary for knits versus wovens.
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CT
- Impact of fiber properties
- Important yarn types with associated properties
- Criteria to select the right yarn for desired product performance
- Novelty yarns and their impact on fabrics
- Differences in yarn properties for woven and knit fabrics
- Learn important considerations for selecting the right yarn for a given product.
- Gain appreciation for the impact of yarn type choice on fabric and product performance.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a beginner-level course.