The attendee will be exposed to the skills needed to dismantle a knit fabric to determine its construction parameters and to get some basic insight on how it was dyed and finished. From attending this course, the student will get insight into learn how to determine the yarn size and type. On the fabric level, construction parameters of weight, stitch counts, stitch length, course length, and others parameters will be addressed. The ability to pick out the knit fabric design related to color and structure will be discussed. After attending the workshop, the student will understand how to properly analyze a fabric to better understand its make-up and to determine if it meets product specifications.
- Basic components of a knit fabric.
- Determination of the yarn size, type, twist, and configuration.
- Construction issues from development to production. Determination of the fabric construction as related to weight, stitch counts, course length, stitch length, and specification parameters.
- Construction issues from development to production.
- Acquire insight into knitted fabric geometry.
- Skills learned will allow the attendee to better understand fabric construction parameters.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate level workshop. Knowledge of textile fundamentals and knitted fabric manufacturing is recommended.