This workshop covers common textile testing standards and teaches attendees how to understand and create internal product standards. Attendees will learn the difference between testing standards and product standards and how to turn desired performance outcomes into a standard. Several methods of standard creation will be covered, and attendees will have the opportunity to learn by creating a set of mock standards for an example product.
- 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Textile testing standards such as ATSM and AATCC.
- The purpose of product standards.
- How product standards can differ based on end use.
- How to create a product standard.
- Gain a deeper understanding of common tests run on textile products.
- Learn several methods of establishing a product standard.
- Practice creating standards from test data.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate level course. An understanding of textile fabric formation is recommended, but prior knowledge on product and testing standards is not required.