***For this event, we require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. The number of participants is limited to allow for adequate social distancing. We will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask-wearing.
This one-day workshop covers the basic technologies for dyeing, printing, and finishing textile products. We will discuss best practices for preparation processes to achieve the most consistent product quality, the relationship between each step in the finishing process and its effect on the characteristics of the final product, and the basic equipment used to perform these processes.
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CT
- Fabric preparation: processes and properties
- Dyeing: performance characteristics, dyes, and machinery
- Printing: basic techniques, product characteristics, and machinery
- Finishing: chemical and physical
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic wet processing techniques.
- Acquire technical knowledge of preparation processes.
- Acquire basic knowledge of dyeing, printing, and finishing processes.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a beginner-level workshop. No prerequisites are required.