***For this event, we kindly require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. In addition to requiring vaccinations, we are limiting the number of participants to allow for adequate social distancing and will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask wearing.
This one-day workshop covers the basic technologies for dyeing, printing, and finishing of textile products. We will discuss best practices for preparation processes used to achieve the most consistent product quality when performing dyeing, printing and finishing. The relationship between each step in the finishing process and its effect on the characteristics of the final product will also be discussed as well as basic equipment used to perform these processes.
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Fabric preparation – processes and properties.
- Dyeing – performance characteristics, dyes, and machinery.
- Printing – basic techniques, product characteristics, and machinery.
- Finishing – chemical and physical.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic wet processing techniques.
- Acquire technical knowledge of preparation processes.
- Acquire basic knowledge of dyeing, printing and finishing processes.
- Receive first class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is a beginner level workshop. No prerequisites are required.