***For this event, we require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. The number of participants is limited to allow for adequate social distancing. We will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask-wearing.
This introductory workshop will introduce you to the fundamentals of digital prototyping. The pandemic has forced all facets of the textile, apparel, and home goods market to advance in adopting new technologies to work in a new virtual world. However, the benefits of adopting a digital prototyping process are far-reaching and can strengthen businesses in the long term. Gain insight into the advantages of digital prototyping as brands look to be more being more efficient when creating products.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Benefits of 3D prototyping
- Digital fabric libraries
- 3D software
- Fabric and garment simulations
- 3D avatar creation
- Virtual environments
- Future trends of 3D integrations in blockchain traceability
- Learn about the capabilities of 3D and digital prototyping.
- Understand how digital prototyping can be applied to a wide range of steps in the product development process.
- Gain insight into future developments in technology and where the industry is headed.
This is a beginner-level course.