This workshop covers the parameters for producing denim fabrics and garments with specific functional performance using modern and fashion-based wet technologies. The indigo dyeing process, as well as commonly used chemical finishes for fabrics and garments, will be discussed. Lectures will describe the purpose of these technologies as well as the equipment used. During the workshop, modern technologies in garment finishing processes will be discussed as they relate to sustainability concerns. Samples, animations, and videos will be used to provide a full understanding of denim garment finishing.
Our qualified finishing experts will also discuss performance finishes developed by Cotton Incorporated.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- 1:00-3:30 p.m. ET
- Indigo dyeing process.
- Denim fabric and garment wet processing.
- Chemistries related to color discharge, fixatives, resins, softeners, and functional finishes.
- Garment wash processes for color removal, fabric softness and shrinkage control.
- Methods for more consistent product attributes, reduced seconds, and more sustainable processing technologies.
- Acquire technical knowledge of chemistries, equipment and new technology as related to the production of denim garments.
- Understand the purpose, benefits and repercussions of each process.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
This workshop is an intermediate-level class. A strong knowledge of yarn manufacturing, weaving, dyeing, finishing and denim garment manufacturing should be in place to best understand information that will be covered.