Denim Manufacturing & Garment Finishing
This workshop covers the parameters for producing denim fabrics and garments with specific functional performance using modern and fashion-based dry and wet technologies. We will discuss the indigo dyeing process, commonly used physical and chemical finishes for fabrics and garments, and garment finishing technologies as they relate to sustainability concerns.
Our qualified finishing experts will also discuss performance finishes developed by Cotton Incorporated.
This workshop will include a in-person visit to a denim wash house. For that reason, hotel accommodations will be provided for all participants.
Workshop registration begins in:
Registration opens on July 11, 2023 2:00 pm EST
Workshops are only available to eligible users. Log in or create an account to check your eligibility.Log In Create Account
- 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. PT
- Indigo dyeing process
- Denim fabric and garment wet processing
- Chemistries related to color discharge, fixatives, resins, softeners, and functional finishes
- Garment wash processes for color removal, fabric softness, and shrinkage control
- Abrasive technologies for color removal, physical appearance modification, and hole formation
- Methods for more consistent product attributes, reduced seconds, and more sustainable processing technologies
- Acquire technical knowledge of chemistries, equipment, and new technology as related to the production of denim garments.
- Understand the purpose, benefits, and repercussions of each process.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
- This workshop is an intermediate-level class. Strong knowledge of yarn manufacturing, weaving, dyeing, finishing, and denim garment manufacturing should be in place to best understand the information that will be covered.