***For this event, we kindly require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. In addition to requiring vaccinations, we are limiting the number of participants to allow for adequate social distancing and will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask wearing.
This workshop covers the parameters for producing denim fabrics and garments with specific functional performance using modern and fashion-based dry and wet technologies. The indigo dyeing process, as well as commonly used physical and chemical finishes for fabrics and garments, will be discussed. Lectures will describe the purpose of these technologies as well as the equipment used. During the workshop, modern technologies in garment finishing processes will be discussed as they relate to sustainability concerns. Samples, animations, and videos will be used to provide a full understanding of denim garment finishing.
Our qualified finishing experts will also discuss performance finishes developed by Cotton Incorporated
- 8:30-4:00 pm
- Indigo dyeing process.
- Denim fabric and garment wet processing.
- Chemistries related to color discharge, fixatives, resins, softeners, and functional finishes.
- Garment wash processes for color removal, fabric softness and shrinkage control.
- Abrasive technologies for color removal, physical appearance modification, and hole formation.
- Methods for more consistent product attributes, reduced seconds, and more sustainable processing technologies.
- Acquire technical knowledge of chemistries, equipment and new technology as related to the production of denim garments.
- Understand the purpose, benefits and repercussions of each process.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This workshop is an intermediate-level class. A strong knowledge of yarn manufacturing, weaving, dyeing, finishing and denim garment manufacturing should be in place to best understand information that will be covered.