This workshop covers the parameters for producing denim fabrics and garments with specific functional performance using modern and fashion-based dry technologies.
The indigo dyeing process, as well as commonly used physical finishes for fabrics and garments, will be discussed. Lectures will describe the purpose of these technologies as well as the equipment used. During the workshop, modern technologies in garment dry finishing processes will be discussed as they relate to sustainability concerns. Samples, animations, and videos will be used to provide a full understanding of denim garment finishing.
1-3:30 p.m. ET
- Denim fabric and garment dry processing
- Abrasive technologies for color removal, physical appearance modification, and hole formation
- Methods for more consistent product attributes, reduced seconds, and more sustainable processing technologies
- Acquire technical knowledge of equipment and new technology as related to the production of denim garments.
- Understand the purpose, benefits, and repercussions of each process.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
This workshop is an intermediate-level class. Strong knowledge of yarn manufacturing, weaving, dyeing, finishing, and denim garment manufacturing should be in place to best understand the information that will be covered.