Adding Stretch to Fabric
August 15, 2023
This workshop covers techniques to produce stretch in fabrics across a variety of different textile processes. Discussions will cover different performance aspects of stretch, proper manufacturing of these products, and differences between processing stretch and non-stretch fabrics. Case studies of a knit fabric and a woven fabric will be utilized to facilitate learning and give attendees real-world practice. Participants will learn how to effectively communicate with suppliers to meet goals.
Workshop registration begins in:
Registration opens on July 4, 2023 2:00 pm EST
Workshops are only available to eligible users. Log in or create an account to check your eligibility.Log In Create Account
- 1:00–3:30 p.m. ET
- Proper assembly of stretch fiber and cotton into yarns, including core-spun yarns
- Knitting and weaving with stretch yarns
- Wet processing to prevent distortion of stretch fabrics
- Heat setting and its impact on stretch performance, strength, and dimensional control
- Better communication with mills
- Gain a deeper understanding of the role of construction in stretch fabrics.
- Practice identifying fabric stretch deficiency.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- This is an intermediate-level course. Familiarity with yarns and fabric formation is recommended.