This workshop covers the parameters for producing fabrics and garments for changing climates using fabric construction, chemical, and finishing technologies. Instruction covers the various applications of yarns and constructions to create improved ventilation for cooling or improved entrapment of air for insulation. Discussion will center around the development of these attributes. The lectures will make use of samples to demonstrate these products.
- The human body and comfort.
- The importance of air permeability.
- Air flow and body temperature.
- Skin regulation of body temperature.
- Thermal comfort.
- Constructions in knit and woven fabrics that provide insulation or ventilation.
- Acquire technical knowledge of adding active performance in changing climates on cotton fabrics to provide for better end product decisions.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
Knowledge of fabric formation, dyeing and finishing processes a plus. This course is on an intermediate level.