This workshop covers the parameters for producing fabrics and garments using chemical technology for specific functional performance. Instruction covers the various chemistries and techniques used to provide performance that reaches beyond fabric color and appearance. The lectures will describe these finishing techniques as well as the equipment used. Detailed discussions will be held on performance finishes using qualified finishing experts along with the use of animation and video to provide for a full understanding of the technologies.
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Moisture management processes – TransDRY® and WickingWindowsTM
- Water repellency – STORM COTTON TM and STORM DENIM TM.
- Soil and stain release.
- Durable press finishing
- Anti-odor, and more.
- Acquire technical knowledge of adding specific functional finishes to cotton fabrics to provide for better end product decisions.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
Knowledge of fabric formation, dyeing and finishing processes a plus. This course is on an intermediate level.