***For this event, we require that all participants be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are not able to meet this requirement, we will be glad to extend another invitation for next year. The number of participants is limited to allow for adequate social distancing. We will be following CDC and local guidelines on mask-wearing.
This workshop covers the parameters for producing fabrics and garments using chemical technology for specific functional performance. Instruction covers the various chemistries and techniques used to provide performance that reaches beyond fabric color and appearance. The lectures will describe these finishing techniques as well as the equipment used. Detailed discussions will be held on performance finishes using qualified finishing experts along with the use of animation and video to provide for a full understanding of the technologies.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
8:30 am – 4:30 pm PST
- Moisture management processes – TransDRY® and WickingWindowsTM
- Water repellency – STORM COTTON TM and STORM DENIM TM.
- Soil and stain release.
- Durable press finishing
- Anti-odor, and more.
- Acquire technical knowledge of adding specific functional finishes to cotton fabrics to provide for better end product decisions.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
Knowledge of fabric formation, dyeing and finishing processes a plus. This course is on an intermediate level.