This workshop covers the parameters for producing fabrics and garments using chemical technology for specific functional performance. Instruction covers the various chemistries and techniques used to provide performance that reaches beyond fabric color and appearance. Instructors will describe these finishing techniques as well as the equipment used. Detailed discussions, animations and videos will be used during the presentations to provide a full understanding of the technologies.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- Moisture management processes – TransDRY® and WickingWindows™
- Water repellency – STORM COTTON™ and STORM DENIM™.
- Durability – TOUGH COTTON™.
- Acquire technical knowledge needed to apply specific functional finishes to cotton fabrics to provide better end product decisions.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
Knowledge of fabric formation, dyeing and finishing processes needed. This course is on an intermediate level.