This workshop covers basic aspects of denim fabric manufacturing and denim garment finishing. The workshop will highlight conventional and state-of-the-art techniques in denim fabric construction, design, and garment finishing techniques. The focus of the class is to meet the performance and fashion specifications in today’s market.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in attending this workshop. Registration for international workshops is not available through the CottonWorks™ website.
- Basics of denim weaving.
- Indigo ball warp and indigo slasher dyeing as related to depth of shade and garment washing effects.
- Yarn effects including conventional, variable yarn count, and stretch.
- Finishing effects in fabric and garment form include sanding (peaching), brushing, enzyme treatment, stone washing, laser burning, whiskering, color discharge with chemistry, laser discharge, laser dyeing, and more.
- Hands-on activities in garment sanding and dremelling will occur in the garment finishing segment.
- Acquire technical knowledge of modern denim manufacturing and garment finishing.
- Learn about unique dyeing processes for indigo denim.
- Understand novel fabric/garment finishing techniques including laser and ozone processing.
- Receive first class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
This is an intermediate level workshop. A basic knowledge of denim and finishing highly recommended.