Welcome to the Stretch and Growth course. The attribute of fabric stretch has associated properties that are as important as the stretch characteristic itself.
Below are glossary terms for this course:
- Stretch: A fabric characteristic measured as the increase of specified distance under a prescribed tension, usually expressed as a percentage of the original bench mark distance.
- Growth: An increase in distance of specified benchmarks after extension to a prescribed tension for a time interval followed by the release of tension, usually expressed as a percentage of the original bench mark distance.
- Water repellency: The characteristic of a fabric to prevent water from being absorbed or passed through the fabric structure.
- Water resistance: The ability of a fabric to withstand water going through its structure.
- Stain release: The ability of a fabric to let go of soil particulate, oils, or other sources of discoloration after laundering.
Stretch & Growth
This video covers an introduction to stretch and growth.